close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

Frequently Asked Questions

In an effort to help our residents more efficiently, we have added these Frequently Asked Questions. The most common questions we receive are listed here for your convenience!


Our office is open Monday-Friday 8AM-3PM

If you need assitance after hours, please dial 911 to speak with an officer.
As long as it's not an emergency, you can contact the Argentine Township Police Department at (810) 735-5317 to request an officer to provide additional attention to your area as needed. If it's an emergency, dial 911.
The Argentine Township Police Department does not provide warrant information over the phone or on 3rd parties. If you believe you have a warrant, either appear at the Police Department or the Court you believe may have issued the warrant.
You can bring in the pistol registration form to the Argentine Township Police Department during normal business hours.
In some situations, such as an emergency, we will unlock a vehicle door. We are not responsible for any damage that occurs during the unlock.
As long as someone has been allowed to stay in your home, or establish residency, we are unable to force them to leave the home. You must start the eviction process to legally evict them from the premises. View the Landlord/Tenant Guide on the State of Michigan's website
To look up criminal records, you can visit ICHAT (Internet Criminal History Access Tool) at This site allows the search of public records for felonies and serious misdemeanors that are punishable by over 93 days. Suppressed records and warrant information are NOT available through ICHAT. Also, records from other states require that you conduct the appropriate search in those individual states. For an ICHAT search, you'll need the full name and date of birth. A fee of $10 is charged for each search.
You must contact your caseworker, or Friend of The Court. We are unable to forcibly remove and return children from your former spouse. Contact Friend of the Court by visiting this page:
It's important to understand that this is a CIVIL process, where we have very limited involvement. If you are a process server, we, in some situations, will accompany you to serve the document if you believe there is a threat of danger. We are unable to provide ANY information about the subject. If you are attempting to serve your own papers to someone, you may also call if there is a threat of danger. We cannot serve papers, locate someone for you, or even engage in the process.
Absolutely. You may use our lobby during regular business hours, or use the parking lot at any time. The parking lot and lobby are monitored by security cameras. 
Yes! For your convenience, our Vacation Check Request is online here!